Monday, October 27, 2008

yummiest banana bread

okay, okay, you got me.  i'm writing this post for mainly selfish reasons.  this is my very favorite banana bread recipe and i need to record it once and for all so that i won't have to keep bugging my aunt and cousins for it every time my bananas get brown.  i know that everyone seems to have a family favorite banana bread recipe, but if you're ever in the market to shop around for a new one, i think your search might just end here!  there's nothing particularly healthy about this version (although i do use the 50/50 white and wheat flour to make myself feel better), but it's also amazingly moist without being greasy.  yum!  

without further adieu, i give you aunt pat's most amazing banana bread...

1 2/3 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 c mashed bananas (i usually use 3 over-ripe bananas, which is probably a little more than a cup)
1/2 c sour cream

preheat oven to 350.  cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in mixer.  mix in banana.  alternate adding baking soda/flour combination and sour cream.  bake 1 hr.

1 comment:

Kira said...

This was SO GOOD! The top is crispy and the inside is moist. Basically amazing. I will now have to buy bananas and let them rot just so I will have an excuse to make this again. A+++!!!