Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rosemary Chicken Saute

Yes...I am still eating healthy. Well, healthier. Surprised? Me too. Anyway, this is another modified healthy recipe and it's surprisingly tasty. I'm really proud of myself right now because I am growing a tiny herb garden in pots in my front courtyard and I was actually able to use fresh rosemary from my "garden" in this dish tonight! My mom used to make something like this only it was baked rather than sauteed and it was SO good...I asked her for the recipe awhile ago and she has no recollection of making it. I guess that's okay, because this recipe tastes almost as good as I remember hers - and I think the slight reduction in awesomeness is because this only has the teensiest bit of olive oil in it and no other fat. Snip yourself some fresh rosemary and enjoy!

ROSEMARY CHICKEN SAUTE
Weight Watchers Recipe - Modified by Kira (but still just as healthy!)
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds red potatoes, quartered - I used red Yukon golds.
1 chicken breast (approx. 10oz) cut into thin strips
2 medium onions
1 T chopped fresh rosemary (be generous with this) plus extra sprigs for garnish
4 cloves garlic, minced
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
1/2 t sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Boil potatoes in salted water for 5-6 minutes. Drain and set aside. In a nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 1/2 t olive oil until just cooked through. Set aside. Add another 1/2 t olive oil to the pan and add onions, sugar, garlic, and rosemary. Saute until onions are soft. Add potatoes and chicken to the skillet and heat through, adding salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh rosemary to serve.

Super-quick and easy comfort food!

No comments: